Why Choose Samoens and the Grand Massif?
The Alps are littered with fantastic ski resorts of all shapes and sizes, all of which have their own strengths and weaknesses. Picking out one resort for your next holiday can be a bit of a nightmare!
The experienced Alps Accommodation team have been living year-round in the French Alps for a combined total of over 60 years! Despite our best efforts, we’ve not visited all of the resorts, but we've skied a lot of them! In our opinion, the Grand Massif offers the best combination of everything that is important in a winter holiday. In terms of value, accessibility, snow reliability, views, charm, skiing, and non-ski activities, it's one of the best options available.
That’s the very reason Alps Accommodation decided to call Samoens home over 18 years ago, and nothing has changed since.
Ease of Access
- One hour from Geneva airport with regular low-cost flights.
- Multiple transfer options - private/shared transfers, car hire, public transport.
- One of the closest ski resorts to UK for those driving.
- No precarious mountain roads!
Value for Money
- Accommodation offers fantastic value for money in comparison to other major resorts.
- Great value lift passes (with further savings for Alps Accommodation guests).
- In-resort prices, such as supermarkets, bars, and cafes are very competitive.
The Ski Area
- Big, varied ski area with skiing for all abilities.
- Great mix of terrain from high alpine to tree lined skiing.
- Ongoing investment in lift infrastructure and piste improvements.
- A particularly snowy micro climate with a high proportion of relatively high north facing slopes.
- Backed up by an impressive, and every expanding, snow making system.
- Real, authentic, charming villages packed full of historic architecture and wonderful local people.
Great selection of restaurants, local shops, bars, cafes, bakeries, and weekly market.
- Fun Apres Ski and fantastic Savoyard cuisine!
- A huge range of non-ski activities - snowshoeing, ice skating, parapenting, white water rafting (yes, in winter!), and so much more.
- Organised activities around Samoens village.
Alps Accommodation offer a wide selection of chalets and apartments in the villages of Samoens, Morillon and Sixt-Fer-a-Cheval.